Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II
reminoucho reminoucho

«  A Why spend more? »

Published on 10/12/13 at 06:29
Manufacturing Korea.
Case 16 inch too thick. For me the ideal shape to play sitting and standing.
Easel: the guitar is just perfect!
Very soft mechanical, guitar is very good agreement.
2 pickups EPIPHONE including acute that good to me.
2 volume 2 tone

Nice sleeve, not tiring. Not as fast as a solid body for Shreds and fortunately!
Because the ergonomics of such a guitar is that the neck and the spacing of the strings, is between an acoustic and an electric.
When you play with your fingers (Joe Pass style), it is better that the strings are not too tight, and it is also valid for the left hand, because when playing complex chords JAZZ, better have enough boxes large.
Frets to re acute. Fairly easy access to acute with the cutaway, but again it is not the purpose of this guitar.
We get a good sound with the neck pickup. The bridge pickup ... blah.

I bought this guitar to play jazz with the fingers, as well as group play, where I mostly solos. The principle is that we like to accompany find the sound a bit dry and clear, lowering the volume a bit, and solo knobs thoroughly put on, and we have a more electric sound.
I plugged in different configurations:
1) Mesa Boogie: The Best of the Best
2) Acoustic Marshall: great for its clear well
3) PA (with small multi purpose) it still does not sound bad, but with less dynamic.
I love the sound of the neck pickup, even with a slight saturation on the mesa, and once again I find the sound of the bridge pickup dispensable. That may be why so many jazz guitars have only one serious microphone.

I for 8 months and I am VERY satisfied.
In fact when I bought it was incorrectly set. I returned to the store, and after a good adjustment (free), and a mounting plate rope net, I found this wonderful guitar.
I must say that I dream for years to acquire a U.S. JAZZ, but lack of money, I bought this guitar 439 euros in the meantime ... Well of course it is not solid wood, and two bolts are loosened, I screwed back in 2 minutes. And after ... Well, I can not find him no fault at the moment. If this guitar is aging badly, in any case, it will not ruin me, AND it sounds both in studio and on stage.
A great value prices.