< Tous les avis Hagstrom HJ-600
Hagstrom HJ-600
LaroSwing LaroSwing

«  very good guitar »

Published on 01/20/13 at 01:18
This is an archtop guitar type to handle stuck. The table is made of spruce and the sides and back are flamed maple (very nice). There are 2 humbuckers each with volume and tone. The pickup selector is the palce side cutaway, that for my part I find it very convenient. The floating bridge is "all wood" tailpiece house is very reliable, and the handle has never needed adjustment. The overall finish of the instrument is very good.

The neck is super pleasant end but not flat, not tiring. The body is quite shallow, which makes the game stand comfortable. The guitar is not very heavy. The junction of the neck to the body is the 12th case, access to acute is not so far not so bad because the heel is cut. Sound management is simple and intuitive, it is the typical configuration introduced by Gibson years ago!

The original pickups sound good and quite usable, but I have preferred to replace the microphones of "Golden Age" from Stewart Mc Donald: I obtained a more expressive sound, richer and more nuanced in short, more "pro". I use this guitar mainly for playing jazz (on an amp Henriksen Jazzamp 110), sometimes blues, but forays into the field of rock (a Vox 100 watt modeling) are no problem. I get easily sounds to Lynyrd Skynyrd or ZZ Top (on Vox) or Kenny Burrell and Joe Pass (on Jazzamp) without worrying about feedback because there is a wedge between the table at the bottom under the bridge which reduces significantly the reaction of guitar feedback (it joins the principle of semi-acoustic genre Gibson ES335).

I regularly use this guitar for 4 years. I love his playing comfort, the handle and super sonic possibilities. I think this is one of the most versatile Archtops market, although it goes too unnoticed given its many qualities. I had the opportunity to try many other Archtops, and in this price range I've never met better.
In short, if it again I would buy one!