Agrandir
Jæckel Jæckel
Publié le 05/26/08 à 15:21
Hello,

These pickups Ibanez Musician MC150 equip my.
Rather worn, their golden metal cover is slightly warped and lost its glitter, which gives them a vintage look many accused.

They are humbuckers and split (single or HB, but not dual sound) with a row of block is adjustable. Their support is equipped with a screw on one side and the other two screws, one can settle their inclination relative to the strings (quite handy).

The question, I think they lack power. They deliver a rich easily top mediums, full of harmonics when saturated, but without "potato". Saturates the sound fine, but "bits" in it.
So too low, or "harsh" for my taste.
Then, as they are not gibson pickups, do not expect this kind of grain, but still.
I would say they are adapted to the FM rock, type 80, or hard, but not punk or grunge.

Well, then, it also depends on the guitar. In my case, they were on my Musician.

With experience, for the moment, I prefer to keep them and re-equip the Musician and if I have to part with it. But I prefer the more péchus microphones, with more personality. My current tastes Vons to the P90 ...