Rio Grande Pickups Tallboy Humbucker
Rio Grande Pickups Tallboy Humbucker
lam_da lam_da
Publié le 07/25/07 à 04:47
Warning! The Tallboy Humbucker is a killer!
Very versatile, equally at home for clear plans on the distortion.

Its main feature is quite unusual.
It is completely splittable pickups such as AMP's in Swineshead.

In reality they are two single coil assembled tallboy, this may be why it costs nearly 2x more expensive.

The sound issued HB is surprising, it does not look like the classic we all know HB is a very HB air, the sound is bigger without being stifled by the grave as that in the neck position easel.

S, we get something that comes dangerously close to Stratocasters. My configuration H / H does not allow me to have all the possibilities, but it sounds really thin and slamming. When I splits in S / S is also pure joy of a clean sound!

Sorry for the description sounds, I'm not pro for that.
Anyway, I could compare it to a MuyGrande HB, and I prefer the Tallboy.
The MuyGrande has too much output volume, and it is less easy to manage.
After all depends on what you play for the very big sound, Muygrande be more appropriate. But for me, the Tallboy is more than enough to play metal and more.

In value, it's great only if, like me, you are looking for this versatility. And yes, I'm interested to ask about my Kramer Baretta. Or why not at Swineshead.