Marshall 8080 Valvestate 80V
Marshall 8080 Valvestate 80V

Hybrid Combo Guitar Amp from Marshall belonging to the ValveState I series.

noudila noudila
Published on 11/18/13 at 10:57
Transistor amplifier with a real piece of lamp within.
Amp with real skills and real faults.
Grades: A cool sound when it is not pushed all the way. Power you need.
A wide range of its marshalienne, brief happiness.
Defects: Pushed to bottom, well ... this amp is a transibules this distortionne evil and makes his draft following the spectrum of your guitar. In short, it is not the blues.
Other BIG default poorly designed, poorly tied up with string. One electronic card with the power supply and transformer above. So with age, it is as your servant, he snores! Must verify the masses and capas: nightmare!
The settings are simple and after 10 minutes, there are cool sounds.
80 Watts are real watts, but the Valvestate is a selling point, because lamp, there is an unfortunate light on the card.
Change lamp and you change the sound, it is valid on all the amps, especially this one.

The config is simple, the manual is useless.
Getting a good sound will depend on:
the age of the machine
what you call a good sound
lamp as set gugus that you sold
In case you have a great sound in the other sound will ch ...
So I put 5 because it is either 3 or 7.

On this amp, I play the big rock that spot quite unbalanced. Otherwise, I have the Fender Twin and JC120 when I want a chiseled sound. If want a chiseled her, forget this amp, it is a raw sound. It has the Marshall sound, but do not fool around, it's not a head lamp 100 wadding, this is a portable schoolboy. With a mesa preamp, it's better.

I recovered carafe there two years and I repaired. For over 40 years I tried amps that gave me joy, tears, a desire to fuck the window, shots of juice that crushed my feet crushed genitals (when I fell on gas plants). One, he is honest, not that bad, but horribly lousy electron level.
Given the price of Cygnus is a good Q / P to play with a deaf drummer and have (almost) sound at Marshall.