[Musikmesse] Modal 001 compact synth
The Modal 002 hybrid synth now has a little brother, the 001 duophonic and bitimbral model that is introduced at Musikmesse today.
Features of this new Modal 001:
- Hybrid analog and digital architecture
- 2-voice duophonic and bitimbral synth that uses the same architecture as the 002
- 2 oscillators per voice and two sub-oscillators that can be switched to operate with a traditional square waveform or have the same wave as the main oscillator, so you can benefit from 4 oscillators per voice
- 50+ different waveforms ranging from classic analog to digital creations
- 4-pole 24 dB/octave transistor Ladder-type filter designed by Modal with morphing or “polesweeping” characteristics that allows from changing from 4 pole to a one-pole 6 dB and anything in between
- 2 LFOs, one per voice and one global
- 2-track, 12-row and 32-step sequencer with MIDI sync and dynamic transpose
- Arpeggiator with multiple modes, including Hold
- Modal Electronics Animator that allows for sequencing control patterns
- Ethernet port for update via internet and access to the Modal Cloud features
- 4.3” display
- 6 preset banks for quick recall
- VCA and VCF envelope generators
- 3-octave keyboard
- 4 CV inputs and outputs
- 2 audio inputs
- MIDI in, out and through
- Assignable X/Y Joystick
- Optional digital output card to USB with effect (scheduled Q2, 2015)
The new Modal 001 synth has a price of 1,850 € / $1,995. More info at www.modalelectronics.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Roland Aira goes semi-modular As expected, the Roland Aira series takes a semi-modular turn with a new System-1m core and four effect modules.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] Modal 008 synth Here’s a presentation of the Modal Electronics 008 analog polyphonic hardware synthesizer, probably one of the highlights of this Musikmesse 2015.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] Nord Stage 2 EX We went to see and listen the new Nord Stage 2 EX 76 HP at the Clavia/Nord booth at Musikmesse 2015.