NOLLelectronic TCM 2
NOLLelectronic TCM 2
joman joman

«  Excellent preamp transparent at great prices! »

Published on 08/24/12 at 10:20
See Notice précedent for feature, or go on a tour of the site NOLL, it is very well done and gives ALL the info you need (including the possibility of choosing different pots ... excellent!)

I bought 2 of these preamps, some eyes closed, because there is not a lot of opinions on the net ..... and this is a shame, because they really deserve to be known!

I was previously a fan inveterate John East preamps that cost a fortune, but they are excellent .... big disadvantage: the original bass sound is not respected, and the signal is really boosted too (even with the minimum volume trigg)

The preamp is supplied fully wired, they are no more that micro soldering it.

Components: visually, pots and son are cheap, and you do not necessarily trust the result we will get ..... but you will see that this is a misconception!

In my case, the jack NOLL was not compatible with my ibanez, so I reused this one by welding the preamp ... easy to do.

DOCUMENTATION: English and really succinct, but it is true that there is not anything else to do than to weld the son mics balance, and this is explained with a diagram.

In my case, I had to remind Luthimate (importer of French NOLL) as the preamp for ibanez (volume / bass / treble, balance because without one single microphone), the record does not indicate or weld the son of mike: they informed me on the field, it was perfect.

I looking for a preamp cheaper to equip my Jass Bass Stevie G with 2 Seymour Duncan Antiquity and my Ibanez Gary Willis fretless GWB35 passed by the former owner in passive. I wanted the sound repecter passive instruments, so a neutral preamp does not color the sound.

results: excellent!
- Preamp truly neutral
- Make passive push pull in the knob volume.
- Important note: the passive preamp operates even if the battery is dead (which is not always the case with other brands)
- Range and treble frequencies well studied (for treble or bass only screaming below)
- Volume and balance very progressive

BIG ADVANTAGE OF THE BRAND:
you can make a preamp card: choose the number of knob you want, or not concentric with adjustable frequency or not for each control (bass, medium, high), additional passive tone ....

-> In my case, it was important, I was able to order it for my preamp ibanez fretless with only 3 pots for 3 settings (volume, bass, treble) and especially NO balance (it has only one micro !).
From another brand, it would have to make a special order, or play the soldering iron to remove the knob balance .... but I'm not a beast in this area!

Anyway, look at the site: a type of preamp (eg 2 bands), there are 5 or 6 options Wirings possible ... just AWESOME!

A .... and unbeatable prices!

I remake that choice without hesitation! I took the risk to buy 2 without knowing too much, but I'm not disappointed .... the Mayones are equipped, I understand better why!

Unbeatable value for money: 70euros for volume / bass / treble, 110 euros for the volume / balance / bass and treble concentric

I repeat myself, but the big advantage of being able to choose exactly the preamp that you want (number of pots, with or without balance, concentric or not ...)

you can order from Luthimate: http://www.luthimate.fr/
order arrived within 2 days, 10 euros postage for 2 preamps + buttons