Apogee Electronics Symphony 64 PCIe
Apogee has announced the Symphony 64 PCIe Card.
At this years AES, Apogee Electronics unveiled Symphony 64, a 64 channel, 24bit/192kHz PCI Express card made to interface Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters directly to Apple’s Mac Pro.
Symphony 64 at a glance:
- 64 channels of 24-bit 192kHz Digital I/O per card
- Up to 128 channels of I/O per Mac Pro
- Near zero latency performance
- Connects directly to Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters via the X- Symphony option card
- Apogee’s VBus - 64 channels (per card) of virtual routing between Core Audio applications
- Apogee’s SBus - 32 channels of 192kHz digital audio networking between Symphony equipped Mac computers
- Apogee’s Maestro Software for advanced control and routing
- Compatibility with any Core Audio application
Symphony 64 PCIe Card, Availability: October 2008, MSRP: $995*
Apogee is offering an upgrade program to customers who have purchased a Symphony 32 card 60 days prior to the release of Symphony 64 on October 3, 2008. All that qualify for the program can upgrade directly thru Apogee for $295.