Creamware Pulsar II
alexandre alexandre
Published on 10/15/02 at 09:47
I have used the guillemot isis for 1 year and a half, time to save money and buy something a little more serious, not that isis is a joke, far from the I recommend elsewhere all novices, c a really great map of isis, i must say! - But say that APRS some time, you had to dive into the 24bit/96kHz decide :-)
I chose the PulsarII for the quality of sound, I could apprcier on various productions of my friends, but especially for the software package: the synths are hallucinations, samplers do not suffer from any comparison with AKAI samplers (I myself even a S-2000), then the interface "studio" o be any cable, clear c, c beautiful, and there's big sound!
C The only thing that everything is planned for the numrique (ADAT), I, I looked smart with all my jacks plugged into the rack of isis, kesske I do?? c true that I prfr several analog inputs ... well good, Little Miss Mackie and crgl table!

Install without problem, in fact c not a sound card, c ddi a computer processing of sound that you install in your computer!
We really feel srieux when installing this machine and c not an impression.
The only problem, i come over Logic or Windows as creamware (yeah I'm on a PIII 1GHz with Win98SE, Asus motherboard, Intel, 256 ram, 40GB disk)
The manual is useless, i did 50 pages to explain how to install the software ...
I prfr someone to explain the first step or p'tits Paske tutorials ... well ... we are not all ingnieur sound and there are things we can not invent !
In fact the true doc is on the site creamware PDF: 35 MB Tlcharger !!!??? c really the black mess! Fortunately I have ADSL at work, but I was thinking those home with a modem, or no connection at all ... : - /
Apparently those who had the previous version have the manual that came with me, I had the package ScopeFusion Platform 3.1 ... and with no doc! The bastard!
Sure, alone and without doc, I trim serious, I even failed to put in 24 bits Bourrier

GETTING STARTED

The Pulsar Systm is super stable, never an error message, never crash ... even when I abuse the DSP, i said "are mistaken for DSP" but it works even when ... while j'm'attendais a blue screen ... nan nan! while the ac pass!
The only problem comes from Windows, in fact ... "PCI ASIO overload" ac the message I often when I send too much stuff, igre windoze at all, a style 20aine track stereo with qualisations and effects in every way .. . I read lots of stuff to optimize your PC ... pffff ... I understand a thing for computer c ... sniff!
Latency ... uh ... c is the time between when I play the note on the master keyboard and the moment I hear the sound ... well ... nan no latency so ... :-)
J'apprcie also can continue to use Winamp, watch DivX ... i need to wire the player in the creamware and party c ...

I have been using one about me, I am more than satisfied, even hallucinating carrment, i like the synths too: j'fais hiphop sounds for friends, they allucinent on bass!
In terms of mix, c too powerful, but I'm gonna I'm not specialist in the dev'nir, compression, EQ, I left ... ban j'vous tubes 2-3 finish! :-)

Fuck Windoze!