Hercules Fortissimo
pierrot1 pierrot1
Publié le 11/03/01 à 08:12
Fortissimo 1 (no it is not in question 2)
PCI / Win9x and 2k

Installation is no problem, provided you have a machine for non-techie. No incompatibility with the installation on a machine .. almost virgin. Some malicious users (?) Said that this card does not work under Windows 2000. But the pilot has always existed. on the other hand for linux, nothing official. The manual is basic to the use we can make this card, especially of GX and full-duplex. Even a smart SoundPro CMI is better documented ...

GETTING STARTED

Is where it gets bad. I installed this card in minutes, including software configuration. And everything worked very well for several months (for value for money, nothing to say). And patatra with my config dingo, so not a virgin as he should have been, the MIDI does not work. I reparameterized everything in every way and after one week, I decided to call technical support by mail and by phone. Answer Tel: flash your bios. Reply by mail: check the midi in and out of your 'software midi'. Guillemot thank you;) In the end, I found myself flashing the bios, reinstalled the operating system present, no data loss, and changed irq and dma. Nothing. So I unplug everything, remove the card and hands it to another PCI slot. miraculously reappears in the south. What can console, in light of the discussion forums is that you may encounter the same problem with a map much more expensive. The card itself is concerned, I do not know .. anyway Guillemot sav a reactive but low skilled. My config: PII-350 PC100, 256Mb Ram, SCSI HD.

Ben here is not worth a card midiman, but for the price, do not deny it