AKG C 414 B-XL II
AKG C 414 B-XL II

Large diaphragm condenser microphone from AKG belonging to the C414 series.

Publié le 02/03/09 à 21:36
The AKG C 414 B-XL II is a condenser microphone used primarily in the recording studio. I'm sure it can be used on stage as well but since it is rather fragile I have never tried to use it in such a setting. It is definitley designed for the studio and works great on all sorts of instruments and applications. It has a five settings in its switchable polar pattern section including omni, figure 8, and cardioid. This variable polar pattern setting makes it a versatile mic that can be used in a number of different situations. It's small size also makes it easy to place and to angle it exactly the way you want to put it.

I've been using AKG 414s for about three or four years. This is the model of the AKG 414 that I have used extensively, but I have used a few different versions of the 414. This mic is one of my favorite all around microphones as it sounds great on everything from violin to acoustic guitars and vocals. Its variable polar pattern also makes it a great all around microphone because of its ability to capture sound from a number of different perspectives. The sound quality of this microphone is true to source and the mid range and high end come in very well. It has an overall full sounding tone to it. While I use it mostly on acoustic guitar, violin, mandolin and hi hat, I also like the sound of it on certain types of vocals. The price is very reasonable for such a great sounding mic that can be used in so many different situations. The AKG is one of my favorite overall mics and it comes with a price tag that is minimal in comparison to some mics that just don't sound as good.