AKG C414 XLII
AKG C414 XLII
JimboSpins JimboSpins

« Perfect »

Published on 09/25/12 at 22:14
The AKG C414XLII is a large diaphragm condenser microphone that will allow you to switch to 9 different polar patterns right on the microphone. This is one of my favorite AKG microphones of all time, all of the recordings with the AKG C414XLII are very flat and natural. You will need to do no EQ boosting or really even any cutting for that matter. I have been using this microphone a few times here and there for the last year, and I have not a single complaint about it. It does cost more than the average microphone though that is why you will not see too many people with this in there home studio, the price is 1000 dollars but it is well worth every penny. It is very well built and will last you a long time, it comes in a case to protect the microphone from any damage. The self noise is very low, and it has Ominidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure 8 and 4 other settings.

The C414XLII has a feature that will remember the pickup pattern setting so that when you turn it on it will stay the same as it was the last time you used it. I have not seen that on a microphone yet, it is a very advance microphone. All you have to do is put the settings how you want them, then lock them into place and it doesn’t matter if you turn the microphone off or not. It will be saved to that setting. The Dynamic range is very good, you can pretty much record anything you want to record with this microphone. Though I don’t personally own this microphone, I use it at least 1 or 2 times a week and it has become one of my favorite microphones that I get to use on a regular basis. I have no complaints with it, I just wish it was a little more affordable so I could have a few of them at home!