AKG is at Musikmesse where they are introducing different microphones, including the C314 condenser model.
The new AKG C314 sits between the larger C414 and the most affordable C212 for studio and stage. This condenser dual-diaphragme microphone employs the same capsule as in the C414 XLR and offers 4 polar patterns (one less than on the C414).
- 1” dual-diaphragm capsule
- 4 switchable polar patterns: cardioid, supercardioid, omnidirectional and figure 8
- –20 dB pad
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (in cardioid position): 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- SPL max for 0.5 % THD: 135 / 155 dB SPL (without and with –20 pad)
- Equivalent noise level: 8 dB A-weighted
- Signal/Noise ratio: 86 dB A-weighted re 1Pa
- 100 Hz, 12 dB/octave low-cut filter
- Electrical Impedance < 200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance > 1 kOhms
- 48V phantom power
- Overload detection LED
- XLR 3-pin connector
- Dimensions: 160 × 55 × 43 mm
- Weight : 300 g
This new AKG C314 is available in mono and stereo (pair). Its ships with a metal case, an H85 spider shockmount, an SA60 stand adapteur, a W214 windshield and the stereo version also includes an H50 stereo bar. More info at www.akg.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.