[Musikmesse] AKG C314 condenser microphone
AKG is at Musikmesse where they are introducing different microphones, including the C314 condenser model.
The new AKG C314 sits between the larger C414 and the most affordable C212 for studio and stage. This condenser dual-diaphragme microphone employs the same capsule as in the C414 XLR and offers 4 polar patterns (one less than on the C414).
- 1” dual-diaphragm capsule
- 4 switchable polar patterns: cardioid, supercardioid, omnidirectional and figure 8
- -20 dB pad
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (in cardioid position): 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- SPL max for 0.5 % THD: 135 / 155 dB SPL (without and with -20 pad)
- Equivalent noise level: 8 dB A-weighted
- Signal/Noise ratio: 86 dB A-weighted re 1Pa
- 100 Hz, 12 dB/octave low-cut filter
- Electrical Impedance < 200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance > 1 kOhms
- 48V phantom power
- Overload detection LED
- XLR 3-pin connector
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 x 43 mm
- Weight : 300 g
This new AKG C314 is available in mono and stereo (pair). Its ships with a metal case, an H85 spider shockmount, an SA60 stand adapteur, a W214 windshield and the stereo version also includes an H50 stereo bar. More info at www.akg.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] Avid Venue S6L We met the Avid team at Musikmesse for a presentation of the new Venue S6L live digital console.
- [Musikmesse][VIDEO] Focal Trio6 Be We visited Focal at Musikmesse for a presentation of the new Trio6 Be switchable 3 to 2-way powered studio monitors.
- [Musikmesse] sE Electronics and Rupert Neve RNT sE Electronics and Rupert Neve partnered again to design a new tube microphone, the RNT that they are showing at Musikmesse 2015.