CAD M9

All user reviews for the CAD M9

• moosersmoosers

CAD M9Published on 08/22/09 at 18:13
    The CAD M9 is a tube condenser microphone that has a cardioid polar pick up pattern. It is made for the recording studio and since it is a tube condenser I wouldn't recommend using it for anything else.

I've been using the CAD M9 tube condenser microphone for about a year or so and I've found it to be a pretty decent microphone for the price.  It is nice that this day and age we have the chance to get a tube condenser microphone for such a cheap price and have it actually sound pretty good.  However, don't get me wrong - my perception of this microphone is probably a bit skewed because of the price and because I wasn't expecting all that much because of this cheap price.  While it does sound good it doesn't compare to other tube condenser microphones that are high end and it certainly won't replace your Neumann tube condenser or even anything much cheaper than that.  It is what it is - a budget tube condenser microphone made by a company that gets them made in China.  This isn't a bad thing at all, it is just good to know what you are getting into when you buy a cheap microphone like this.  Beyond the price and make up of the CAD M9, it is a good microphone for a wide array of uses including vocals, acoustic instruments and as room mics.  It provides a good deal of warmth, but this warmth sometimes can be overpowering when you are looking for a little more clarity.  If you are looking for a cheap tube condenser mic this definitely isn't a bad choice, but I wouldn't recommend it in place of other non-tube based condenser microphones because it won't offer the same clarity.  I would also only recommend this to home studio owners and not professionals...