[NAMM] Sontronics Aria tube microphone
Sontronics unveiled at NAMM 2014 a new studio tube microphone called Aria, with a price below 1000€.
Aria was designed in collaboration with the Abbey Road engineers, and Sontronics adds that it even joined the mic arsenal of the iconic London studios. This new cardioid mic is intended for vocals, and will suit both male and female voices.
The Aria mic is equipped with a 12AX7 tube and a 1.07” large diaphragm capsule and ships with an SPS-2 power supply featuring a -10dB pad, a filter switch (linear, 75Hz) and a LED that will tell you when the tube is warm.
- Cardioid tube microphone
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 28mV/Pa -35dB ±1.5dB
- Impedance ≤ 200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB A-weighted
- Max SPL: 125dB (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
The Aria microphone ships in a wooden box, which is hosted in an aluminum case with the power supply, the connection cable and a shockmount. Sontronics announces a price of 899€ excl. VAT. More info at www.sontronics.com/aria.htm.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] PreSonus Temblor T10 subwoofer PreSonus introduced at the NAMM Show 2014 a new 10” active subwoofer designed to complete your monitoring setup.
- First images of the Roland Aira We expected it at NAMM, but Roland announced last week that we would have to wait until February to discover Aira.
- [NAMM] A subwoofer for the PCM twotwo series PCM introduced at NAMM 2014 the first subwoofer in the twotwo series, if you want to setup a 2.1 monitoring system.