Schecter 006 Elite LH
Schecter 006 Elite LH

Left-Handed Electric Guitar from Schecter belonging to the 00 series.

MGR/Bluesard MGR/Bluesard

« Schecter Elite 006 »

Published on 07/16/02 at 15:00
Bought it at Guitar Center in Phoenix.Paid $519.00

When I was out shopping, I spent almost half of a day going between guitars. I tried all from the high end models to some of the lower end models, but kept coming back to the Elite 006.

Two things ..... I do wish it had a tremelo. I don't use the whammy bar, but with a few deft gestures of the palm, you can squeeze a little extra milage out of the note. One other caveat- I usually try to buy American. This is made in Korea, but "set up" in the United States. I would feel a little bit less queasy if I knew all my money went to Americans. Whatever they are doing however, they are doing it right.

The visual aspect of this guitar is impressive. Fine lines and careful attention to detail. Beautifully endowed in a see through Black Cherry finish polished to a mirror shine. Black hardware adds a classicly tasteful ambience. It has a Duncan Design single coil pickup at the neck, and a Duncan design Humbucker at the bridge. It comes furnished with a Tune-o-matic bridge, and Grover tuners. These Grovers are a Godsend to those of us inclined to "smear" the strings. (Hendrix woulda' loved it) This guitar is solidly built with quality being paramount in implementation. The humbuckers can scream with the best,deep and fat in tone, and seem to enjoy it the more you push 'em. The single coil purrs sweetly or trills brightly according to which end of the spectrum you are inhabiting at that musical moment. The main word that comes to mind sonically is presence. This guitar doesn't mumble. For the price, nothing can approach this guitar in substance. I own an American Standard Strat, and a "Big Apple" Strat. Both quality instruments. I would put this guitar, quality wise, (sound and construction), right up there with them.

For the price, you just can't do better. This guitar is a quality instrument. I am thrilled with mine. I feel like I've swindled someone. It's that sweet