Sonic Foundry Acid Pro 4.0
Sonic Foundry Acid Pro 4.0

Loop Sequencer from Sonic Foundry belonging to the Acid Pro series.

FP User FP User
Published on 10/31/08 at 16:00
The features are AWESOME. The &quot;beatmapping&quot; feature is great, it maps each beat of an audio loop, and works out the BPM (Beats Per Minute) and adjusts it to that of the project. If you want to keep the same pitch then you can do with a click of a button, it then automatically time stretches it for you. Later you can adjust the BPM of the whole project and ACID will adjust each audio track in real time. This is one of Acid Pro's Key Features. It's so easy to &quot;chop&quot; and &quot;slice&quot; samples. I use the mouse wheel to zoom in, or out, and I can then chop small parts of an audio file, and moving the chops around us as easily as holding the left mouse button down and moving the mouse. This allows me to do exactly what I want to do. Another great feature is the ability to rewire to other software. I can have Acid Pro, Reason, and FL Studio all working as one, simultaneously! You have to see this in action to understand how great and useful it is. I can program drums in FL Studio, all my instrumentation in Reason, and chops of samples in Acid Pro. Other good features are: Markers - you can create a marker to mark where something in the song is, this could have many uses, (i.e., you could mark where each verse and chorus begins) Envelopes - These let you automate the volume of any specific track, and also automate the pan. Effects - Each Acid also supports VST instruments, DX effects, and probably some other things that I'm just not aware of.

£87 GBP

It's VERY easy to use, though I've been using it for over a year and I learn things easily. I can't remember if it was difficult to use at first or not. Moving around the software is very easy, I use a lot of the keyboard shortcuts and stuff so I can be really quick.

I'm not sure, I've never used it for recording, and I think playback sound quality in software relies heavily on the soundcard and monitors. I'll say 10 - if you have a great soundcard.

Well, it rarely crashes on me, I can't even remember the last time it crashed. I do save my project every so often though, just incase...

I love it, it's easy to use and helps me do what I want to do. It's the centre of my software studio!

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: So Foolish ( 5-, 2006)