Steinberg Sequel 3
Steinberg released Sequel 3, an entry-level music software application for recording, editing and mixing.
Sequel 3 includes around 5,000 loops and sounds of various music styles, which are accessible through Steinberg’s MediaBay media management tool. With an additional 500 workstation sounds, the HALion Sonic SE plug-in is designed to round out the quality content included in Sequel.
The Performance Mode turns Sequel 3 into a live tool for creating impromptu arrangements and live mixes by triggering the 24 live performance pads with song sections and variations.
Sequel’s one-click tempo detection is described as a useful tool when it comes to working with rhythms of varying tempos. In Performance Mode, this feature can be used for remixes.
Another highlight is the VST Amp Rack SE virtual effect board in Sequel 3. Its 120 presets comprise combinations of amps, speaker cabinets and effects pedals, delivering a collection of various guitar sounds.
With the Controller Learn feature, it’s possible to connect virtually a MIDI controller to Sequel 3, making MIDI setups easier and less time consuming.
AudioWarp includes the élastique Pro engine by zplane for time-stretching and pitch-shifting to adjust tempo and tone.
In its third incarnation, Sequel is now featuring multi-take recording. The best take is picked from the list of recorded takes when in Take Mode.
Another new feature is the Step Envelopes Editor which allows the user to add effects to selected parts of the audio material. Reverse, decay or pitch effects are some of the adjustments users can make to their productions.
Sequel’s Beat Page is a dedicated area for creating rhythmical patterns. Here the users find Groove Agent ONE, a drum sampler with 60 drum kits, and the step sequencing Beat Designer tool.
Sequel 3 supports VST 3, the third version of Steinberg’s Virtual Studio Technology. This is designed to allow third-party effect and instrument plug-ins to be integrated into Sequel 3.
• 5,000 loops and sounds
• MediaBay media management tool
• HALion Sonic SE with 500 workstation sounds
• Performance Mode with 24 live performance pads
• One-click tempo detection
• VST Amp Rack SE amp simulator
• Controller Learn editor
• Multi-take recording
• AudioWarp with élastique Pro
• Step Envelopes
• Beat Page with Groove Agent ONE and Beat Designer
• VST 3 support and cross-platform compatibility with Windows and Mac OS X
Availability & Pricing:
Sequel 3 is available as download version and boxed version through the Steinberg Online Shop. The exact time of availability of Sequel 3 at certified Steinberg dealers is subject to regional variations.
A trial version of Sequel 3 is available through the Steinberg website.
Sequel 3 is available in Germany at the suggested retail price of EUR 79.99 including VAT. The update from Sequel 2 is EUR 29.99 including VAT. In the United Kingdom, Sequel 3 is available at the suggested retail price of GBP 67.76 including VAT. The update from Sequel 2 is GBP 25.40 including VAT. Pricing may vary in other countries.
Check out Steinberg for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Analogue Mixing and Mastering Collection Minimal System Instruments has released the Analogue Mixing and Mastering Collection.
- mikrosonic RD3 HD – Groovebox mikrosonic has released update version 1.3.1 for RD3 HD - Groovebox, a music creation app for Android tablets.
- Yudo Rectools Unlimited Yudo has announced the launch of its new musical application Rectools Unlimited, described as the first application M.T.R (Multi-Track Recorder) that is able to play simultaneously tracks without quantity limitation.