< Tous les avis Boss RC-30 Loop Station

Looper from Boss belonging to the RC series

ThibautGPP ThibautGPP

«  Super pedal »

Published on 04/03/14 at 07:23
Seen again and again, I will not again repeat the characteristics of the machine.
I just want to point out that even with the 99 memories bursting with sounds (most of which are recorded on two tracks with several overloops), I never reached the recording limit. Autonomy is really huge.

Config requires a small adjustment to fit the purpose just pushed the craft, which is the case for any looper. I personally find it more intuitive to use than the JamMan, but it is very subjective.

Boss RC30 located its interest in the aspect of "plug & play" not setting the input, no unexpected saturation and simultaneous recording of guitar + micro childish song.

Built-in effects (applicable only on a loop being played, not the instrument during recording) are anecdotal or completely useless. For cons, I find very nice to use rhythm patterns when you get a solo session.

The real lack I noticed over time, it is impossible to set a specific tempo, eg 130 bpm. The adjustment is made by pressing a button, without indication. Alone, it is no problem. But for a sophisticated use live or in a group, this can be annoying, a shift being quickly arrived on long loops.

I find excellent sound reproduction even after multiple overloops. The faders are very useful to adjust the volumes on the fly. The only limit is finally the amp, which should be powerful enough to collect a busy track, which may end up invading force the entire spectrum.

I use it mainly for guitar and secondarily for singing. The result is very satisfactory from my point of view. We must remember to put the pedal end of the chain (ideally in the effects loop when it has one) to get the best effect and not too damaging the input signal.

I use it for 3 years and am very satisfied. Its virtually unlimited memory, 2 tracks, the recording quality, plug aside $ play, patterns and the ability to recover all of its tracks on a pc really do a great tool. It just lacks a precise timing tempo (present on the Jamman) but I prefer the ergonomics of the Boss