Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top

LP-Shaped Guitar from Epiphone belonging to the Les Paul series.

spinko spinko
Published on 04/02/10 at 22:26
Made in China, but I think for once it's bnfique: the guitar as an offer for a Gibson US drisoire price (450 euros) ...
In the range of plain top Epiphone is placed above the satandard more.
-Body mahogany
- Flame maple table
- Handle collbr /> On mine I substituting the alnico V by Elitist for an even more fawn vintage Les Paul 58 '.
I also mount of mcaniques Grover USA
I have a Gibson SG Faded which in terms of finish is well below the Epiphone. The Epiphone is really very well Finni and very beautiful.

USE

The handle is a true Russianness less fat than the Gibson and faster. The access to the treble is very easy as a given that there are only 22 boxes.
The guitar is heavier than the SG, but the big sound comes directly to weight. This is not an Ibanez basswood, it's clear!
Gibson typical sound, it is obtained immediately.

SONORITS

I play blues, rock 70 ', hard blues so this is the Idale guitar.
With the original pickups sound is already bigger and bulky as the Gibson SG that is much sche timbre level.
The Elitist reinforces this side "Bold" and strong.
Both pickups are killing particulirement solo. The guitar sends a phenomenal sustain (even with the original alnico is above the Gibson Faded.

Compared a Gibson Les Paul Standard, it is not a huge difference except the price. Not in any case what justified the supplmentaires 1500 euros.

NOTICE GLOBAL

I was tired of my Gibson SG and its handle lumberjack that slowed my game, I could afford to pay me a Gibson Studio but the handle is the same. So I turn to Epiphone whose sleeves are better, less fat and less tiring. I do not regret my purchase, I have a Gibson or (better with Elitist microphones) and possibilt to play the same speed with my fender strat.
I advise the top level rather than the standard because for 60 euros more possde it a better violin.
Made in the USA, it would cost 1500 euros ...