Karma Lab Karma M3
With the new Korg M3 XPanded version 2.0 Operating System and KARMA 2.2, the M3 now provides memory locations for 1024 User GEs.
The optional KARMA M3 Software allows you to create and edit GEs with your computer, and upload them to the new User GE memory locations, where they can be used in your favorite Programs and Combis. Created by KARMA developer Stephen Kay, KARMA M3 Software is the ultimate tool for anyone who wants to better understand and "get the most out of" the KARMA Function.
- With KARMA M3 Software (KM3) running on your PC/Mac, you get complete access to every feature of the powerful KARMA engine, not just the part that is brought to the surface in the keyboard.
- Use KM3's graphical interface to discover and manipulate every nuance of the KARMA Function within your Programs and Combis. Whether you're creating sounds from scratch or using the factory sounds, KM3's visual controls and displays provide insight into the world of KARMA.
- Experiment and explore the KARMA Function in ways that are impossible on the M3 alone. KARMA M3 is the learning tool for anyone who wants to better understand the KARMA Function.
- Operate the KARMA Software as an additional 6 modules at the same time as using the 4 modules of the internal KARMA Function in the M3, for up to 10 modules – it's like having two and a half M3's at once.
- Venture into the heart of KARMA and develop your own Generated Effects (GE's) for unlimited musical possiblities. Import .MID files and grab phrases directly from the M3 sequencer, and instantly turn them into GEs. Then, upload (via SysEx) your new GE's to the M3 and take them on the road.
- KARMA M3 provides some additional features not found in the M3, such as 32 Scenes per Module per Performance (instead of 8), 16 Chord Trigger Buttons (Pads) per Performance instead of 8, the ability to give each Module and Scene a descriptive name, and more. These features cannot be imported into the M3, but are available while using the software.
For more, click here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- De La Mancha miniSID [Freeware] MiniSID is a quick and simple SID synth for getting that chiptune sound with the minimum of tweaking. The waveforms are sampled from a 6581 SID chip and the arp gives that retro gamer effect. It has a quick and simple interface so you can your chiptune fix with the minimum of tweaking. And it is free!
- Equinox Sounds Dub/Dancehall Foundations Equinox Sounds in collaboration with producer Charles Hart aka 'Fixa Flat' has released 'Dub/Dancehall Foundations', a downloadable loop pack containing 16 construction kits that explore the roots of Dub and Dancehall music.
- PowerFX Hoodtronica Electro Hip Hop pack PowerFX have released Hoodtronica, a one-stop production pack for Hip Hop and Electronica producers.