ESI M8U XL
BulletZ BulletZ

«  Excellent interface »

Publié le 06/28/14 à 06:06
I use it to driver a big part of my gear (keyboards, racks, diverse and varied expanders), and it is really nickel: power via USB (possible separate power supply) port, 8 ports in / out which resumed in 8th facade, class-compliant (no drivers to install OSX), no problem noon compatibility report (unlike other interfaces that pose problems when sending large sysex such update OS or bulk dump , that one accepts and transmits all without flinching). No default route, everything must be done in software, but at the same time it is not a patch-bay.

No driver so we can not do more stable. Worry-free with Sysex Librarian, MIDI Patchbay, MidiQuest, Logic, etc.. Never saturated interface (never tried either ;) Never any compatibility problems: it is very simple, when I have a little temperamental devices via MIDI, I hop branch above and more problems.

I use it for almost 1 year now, before that I used various interfaces 1-channel (included in my keyboards and audio interfaces), with whom I sometimes compatibility problems that I never had with that one. It is built like a tank, and except that it can not be used as a standalone interface (not integrated routing), I did not find any fault. At the same time at that price (I bought it at a clearance sale), if it again, I would do without hesitation.