Kenton MIDI USB Host
The MIDI USB Host is designed to interface USB-enabled devices to those with standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connections, either In or Out, without the need for a computer.
The MIDI USB Host lets you connect a ‘Class Compliant’ USB device to a standard 5-pin DIN MIDI device without the need for a computer. This enables, for example, direct connection of a USB controller or keyboard to another MIDI instrument that has only a 5-pin DIN MIDI connection.
Mains powered, the compact and rugged MIDI USB Host features a USB port (USB A socket) and MIDI In and Out sockets (both on 5-pin DIN). MIDI data received at the MIDI In socket will be sent to the USB device, while MIDI data received from the USB device will be sent to the MIDI Out socket.
Additionally, the MIDI USB Host can provide up to 500mA of USB Buss power to the USB device if required.
Kenton MIDI USB Host specs:
- Power Input: 5V DC (regulated) – use only the supplied adaptor
- Power: 90mA, 2.1mm plug (centre positive) – 510mA available for attached USB device
- MIDI ports: 1 x In, 1 x Out (both 5-pin DIN)
- Weight: 100g (excluding power supply)
- Dimensions: 110 x 55 x 32 mm
- Power supply: A 5V power supply appropriate to the destination country is supplied with the unit.
- Leads: No leads are supplied with the unit
Warranty: The MIDI USB Host comes with a 12 month (from purchase date) back to base warranty, (i.e. customer must arrange and pay for shipping to and from Kenton Electronics Ltd).
£70 (ex. VAT), £84 (inc. VAT)
Viewers of this article also read...
- U-He Zebra 2.5.1 + Zebralette Free Urs Heckmann (u-he) presents a new version of Zebra: v2.5.1 is now available for download.
- Steinberg LoopMash Free & v1.1 Steinberg today released the 1.1 update to its LoopMash app as well as presenting a free version of LoopMash for iPhone and iPod touch users with iOS4.
- Samplecraze Creative Force Creative Force is described as a tribute to RZA, who Samplecraze says is "responsible for a whole new style and sub-genre of Hip Hop."