Midi Solutions Event Processor Plus
Midi Solutions Event Processor Plus
jihem jihem
Publié le 10/14/07 à 05:22
A small rectangular black box, just equipped with a MIDI input on one side and an output of the other. No button, no display, the user interface is limited to a small LED on top of the housing. An individual who raises many questions!

This is not an interface, but a data processor Midi, programmable only by sending messages SysEx (system exclusive). The unit I know that it is the most apparent Yamaha MEP4 ( https://controleur-midi-divers.yamaha.audiofanzine.com/produits/index%2Cidproduit%2C13217%2Cmao%2Cyamaha_mep4.html ) , for which I will try to write a review soon.

The Event Processor Plus is truly the solution to any problem south, except the mixture of several sources (merging). In bulk, here are some possible uses:

- Establishment of zones for keyboard controller;
- Filtering messages;
- Conversion of a message to another (volume => expression, sustain => sysex, etc.).
- 8 lock variables reusable in another message! ;
- Triggering successive actions on receipt of a given message;
- Etc!

Its programming can be done through software downloaded from the manufacturer's website ( http://www.midisolutions.com ) or by writing sysex in any sequencer that supports them.

I put 9 because perfection does not exist!

I use it for 2 days, and it is a wonder, coupled with my Yamaha MFC10 MIDI Foot Controller! The program changes from 1 to 100 master's programs call Yamaha MO8 and those of 101 to 128 change my guitar sounds on the Digitech GSP1101. External triggers a pedal controller 85 which is translated alternately Continue then stop the sequencer to ...

A defect? Yes, the inability to delay events. Maybe in a future release ...

This device has no equivalent, I needed it and I bought two, so I would buy if they were to fail, despite a low price ...