IK Multimedia Amplitube StompIO
IK Multimedia has announced that StompIO, the USB floor controller + audio interface + modeling software bundle, is shipping.
This guitar/bass FX system gives you control over all "Powered by AmpliTube" software/plug-ins and seeks to emulate the same feeling of a traditional hardware floor processor - no need to even look at the computer screen or touch the mouse.
StompIOStompIO comes fully stocked with 5 full software packages: AmpliTube 2, Ampeg SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, AmpliTube Metal (only for previously registered AmpliTube 2 users) and AmpliTube X-Gear (that's over $1,200/€990 worth of software included), totaling over 150 different modern and vintage gear models.
- Software-based guitar amp and FX that can be used live.
- Operate every element of the software, with no need to have a screen, keyboard or mouse connected.
- Boots up in less than 45 seconds on an average Mac/PC.
- Use the same set up on stage and in studio, with the same instantly recallable presets and sound.
- More expandable and upgradeable than any other software-based effects system.
- Conveniently carry a mega-rig with your laptop or mini computer.
The StompIO has been designed with a Class-A DI, an all-analog, console-grade design, low-latency optimized drivers.
On stage, StompIO easily manages 4,000 presets with 5 different play modes, with full editing control and the ability to create, save, and manage presets with only your feet. Control of your virtual gear rig with 10 on-board metal switches and 6 dynamic knobs with 2 large displays, plus to up 6 additional expression pedals or switches (1 expression pedal is included). Balanced and unbalanced outs let you connect the output of StompIO to an amp or house PA, and the MIDI in/out allows you to integrate traditional hardware processors.
StompIO is compatible with every DAW system, with balanced outputs for traditional recording and S/PDIF output for high-quality digital recording.
5 full software products are included in StompIO: AmpliTube 2, Ampeg SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, AmpliTube Metal (only for previously registered AmpliTube 2 users) and AmpliTube X-Gear.
These products combined offer a wide selection of analog modeled gear, with over 150 included models: 51 stomps, 26 amps, 33 cabinets, 11 mics and 23 rack effects, fully configurable on 2 separate rigs, with up to 20 simultaneous effects. Plus you can build your own custom hybrid amp thanks to AmpliTube's exclusive separate amp Pre, EQ and Power section design, with over 180,000 possible combinations.
All the models have been emulated with custom-shop precision and craftsmanship using IK's exclusive DSM (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology, the culmination of 10 years of IK's research and development into software-based amp and fx modeling.
StompIO also includes 4 additional bonus software packages: Mackie Tracktion 2.1 audio/MIDI sequencer, T-RackS EQ, SampleTank SE, and 500MB of Sonic Reality loops.
Price and availability
StompIO is now available from all worldwide IK dealers and distributors, as well as on the IK online shop, for an MSRP of €799/$1,049.
The included AmpliTube Metal for AmpliTube 2 registered users will be available by March.
For more information on AmpliTube or StompIO, please visit: www.stompio.com | www.amplitube.comx
Viewers of this article also read...
- TC Electronic LM5 LM5 Loudness Radar Meter Plug-in for ProTools|HD now available
- Schaack Audio Tech. Transient Shaper Schaack Audio Technologies has announced the release of Transient Shaper v1.0.
- D16 Group releases Devastor v1.0 D16 has announced the release of Devastor, the first effect plug-in from its new "Silver Collection".