Upcoming Bereich03 Side-Only 500 processor
Bereich03 will soon complete its studio processor offer with a new 500 module designed to process only the side part of a stereo signal.
Side-Only will feature three processing sections:
- A gain stage with a +/- 5 dB range adjustable in 1 dB steps to increase or decrease the stereo image
- A 12dB/octave low-cut filter with 6 cutoff frequencies between 40 Hz and 320 Hz
- A Baxandall-type EQ with 6 frequencies covering a range of 330 Hz to 14 kHz, with +/- 10 dB adjustable in 2 dB steps
A Solo function is also included to monitor either the side or mid of the signal, or create a mono signal from a stereo source.
The Side-Only processor has a 2U format and employs hard bypass and relays for the EQ and low-cut. Bereich03 says that it is also possible to order the module with 0.5 dB steps for the gain and 1 dB steps for the EQ.
The Side-Only will be introduced at Musikmesse in Frankfurt next month and will be part of a larger 500 mastering system. Its price will be 400 € excl. taxes, you’ll find more info soon at www.bereich03-audio.de.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.