Barrillon Cyclope Signature 6
Barrillon Cyclope Signature 6
pistachefly pistachefly
Publié le 05/24/09 à 22:48
6-string bass made in France Celony (Aix En Provence).

Swamp ash body, face and back veneer head ash swamps, table mapple brilliant.

Channel headless threaded maple, 24 frets (34-inch pitch), ebony fingerboard, brass nut mid-mid-os.

2 single coil pickups Benedetti.

3-band preamp Aguilar switchable active / passif.Fonctionne in 18V.

Settings: volume, medium (push-pull active / passive), bass, treble and balance.

Trestle bridges independent.

Self-locking Neutrik jack.

The handle is a real highway, not tiring (not a tree trunk in contrast to some 6 string bass!), Pleasant to the touch.

Access to treble is super easy!

The ergonomics are perfect to me: the shape of the instrument is fluid (the more I chose light woods!).
It's a headless model (with a small head with no mechanical actually) so that the instrument does not tend to pitch down, which is very valuable!

To begin we have the big sound, the low B is a pure killing, although precise.
After according to personal taste, of course we must tweak to find his own sound, normal ... And there's plenty to do!

I play all styles of music (rock, jazz, pop ...), she never failed either in studio or in rehearsal and even less in concert!

I use it with a Markbass Little Mark II head and cabinet Markbass NY604.

We can have a big metal well (if severe), a sound at the Pastorius playing on balance, a sound in the treble Patitucci ... etc, it's versatile!

I like the sounds rather round and I'm thrilled!

The only small downside is (to me) the sound slap, which I find lacking some way slamming Fender (probably I not yet found the right setting?).

I use it since August 2003 and I do not separate any more!

Pros: Quality of violin, the sound, ergonomics ...

Cons: NOTHING AT ALL!

Before ordering I tried a few models with 7 strings Jeff Corallini!

Very good value for money!

I would do this choice without hesitation. Thank you Stefan!