Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V [2004-Current]

Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V [2004-Current], 5+ string bass guitar from Fender in the Deluxe Jazz Bass series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 5/5 for the Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V [2004-Current]

Average Score:4.8( 4.8/5 based on 3 reviews )
 2 reviews67 %
 1 user review33 %
Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
View price information
MGR/Todderic09/12/2004

MGR/Todderic's review"Fender Active Deluxe Jazz Bass"

Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V [2004-Current]
I bought this bass for $325 at a pawn shop close to my house that specializes in guitars. They stuff they get isn't cheap old used crap, its like walking into a music shop, they have all kinds of great guitars and basses.

It's got a great feel to it, and it sounds great. The 3 band EQ is a big help if you like to control your tone. The neck is great, and i love the tortoise shell pickguard.

The only problem i found with it, that i fixed, was the A string had this funky sound when you hit it open but this is a used bass.

It has 2 vintage style Semour Duncan Jazz Bass pickups, this bass is from 1987 so that is why it still has the Semour Duncan's on it, but they sound great. It features a 3 band EQ to keep you in control of you highs and lows. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, great solid alder body, black finish, chromo bridge, chrome nob set plate, and Fender tuners.

This bass is great. If you aren't a fan of Fender, you should be. This bass is rare to find, but i think musiciansfriend.com has a few of them. So see what they have to say, but in my opinion i am gonna stick with Fender.

MGR/Will Thompson11/20/2002

MGR/Will Thompson's review"Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass Active (Mexico)"

Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V [2004-Current]
I got this bass from Guitar Center for my birthday. It was $515.

I really like this bass, because it has the active pickups and the 4 Tone Knobs, so I can make the bass crunchy sounding or mellowed out. It's black with a beautiful tortoise shell pickguard.

There isn't anything I can say I don't like about this bass. It's awesome.

It has great construction, other than the fact that when I tried to install strap-locks sawdust started falling from the strap hole, and i needed to glue the straplock in with wood glue.

I think this bass overall is an awesome choice for intermediate bassists.