Yamaha BB605
Yamaha BB605

5+ string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the BB series.

leopardy leopardy

«  discover the world of the 5 strings »

Published on 11/30/12 at 05:23
Many details have been given previously, so I do not overdo it.
Good finish, chrome hardware and resistant to wear.
Violin beautifully crafted, with a simple and perhaps a little too pass partout.Vernis solid transparent that reveals the beautiful veins bois.Un flat for the turquoise color of the varnish, which to my taste is not effet.Question the most beautiful taste ...
The volume control is a little on / off.Il increases rapidly early in the race, which is a bit annoying when you want to change it for a song, or when you find the right setting in rehearsal, we cup to drink all his beer and we took over the rehearsal. was struggling to regain his niveau.Donc it is thoroughly and after I set my volume pedal or amp, even if the BXR 300 is so powerful that I rarely exceeds 2 and the fine adjustment of volume is also a must!

Channel pleasant, with a good grip in a wide main.Plus Ibanez but helps keep your whole hand, rock'n'roll atmosphere, feeling rather good instrument vibrer.Vernis agréable.Préférant the top of the handle and big bass notes well access to acute I do not have much of a problem ... If the sound is very round and if we go there.
Average weight, after 4 hours of rehearsal you can feel the weight of the beast, but not excessive.
The tuners hold tuning well, even in soft case.
It is solid and reliable.

The sound is pretty good, not too typical, which can be an advantage or a inconvénient.tout depend on his amp, pedals used, or a preamp, which allows you to play all styles and adjust itself his or her own.
It sounds rather low and it takes a lot of mid and treble to get out of the mix.
With a set of nine chord and the right amp setting you get something very decent for this price range.
I play on BXR 300 and I added a Boss GEB-7 and it sounds pretty good.

Using it for a few months I am very happy.
This is my first 5 string and this low IF I scrambled pieces on very heavy or reggae for example.
I think in the medium term to change the pickups for a little boost and to sing a little more.
Quality / price ratio excellent, I would do it without hesitation.
From a Squier and a Jackson (very, even too typical rock 80) I rediscovered the pleasure of playing all styles of music.