Audio Damage Big Sequencer
songboy songboy
Publié le 01/19/10 à 19:05
There are no compatibility issues with this program and Logic 9 and ableton 8.  As for the manual, I have never needed to consult it.  This is a fairly straight forward unit and shouldn't give you any trouble after spending five minutes with it.  This unit is pretty simple in my opinion.  You have an area at the top that tells you what step the unit is on (1-16) and below you select what you want to happen during that step, i.e. VCA and/or Filter.  The VCA sequencer section lets you select left or right while the Filter section gives you only one button to select.  For a quick idea of what this does, put on something that holds consistent sustain, like a pad, click on every button in both in the VCA sequencer and turn every one off in the Filter section.  This pretty much gives you no effect on your sound.  From there, just start turning buttons on and off and it all makes sense.  Yes, the typical functions are very easily accessible as they are all right in front of you.

As stated before, it works great in both of my DAW's.  I throw it on all sorts of tracks when they start to sound boring to me and it breathes a whole new life into them.  So far, this plugin has never crashed or lost any settings that I have set up.  The operation of the plugin is easy, logical and a lot of fun.  I give it a 10 for performance.  I have only been using this plugin for a few months but my studio partner said he has used it for over a year.

What I like most about this plugin is the great sounding effect you get out of it.  With both the Filter and VCO section, you can get some wild sounding changes to any track.  It sounds exceptionally awesome on pads and even drum tracks.  I throw it on vocals sometimes but don't expect anyone to understand what you are singing as this thing whacks out the vocals and makes them more of a interesting noise than a vocal track (sounds really good on backup harmonies and such).  Nothing I have noticed so far that would make me think there is anything to dislike about this plugin.  I know that Audio Damage put out "Big Sequencer 2" and its damn near impossible to find any info or pics on this plug in anywhere, so maybe there is something wrong about it that I haven't come across yet.  But so far, so good.  My partner bought this over a year ago and he can't remember how much he paid for it.  I looked everywhere to find info on it but there seems to be none.  The precision and quality of the sound seems to be spot on to me.  No artifacts and no degradation that I can hear.  This is the only sequencer of this kind that I have ever used.  I look forward to checking out the "sequel" to this plugin in the future, but for now, this unit does all I need.
Yes, I would definitely buy this product if my studio partner hadn't already.  Its a lot of fun and, for me, essential in getting some new life on dull tracks.