SynthFont & VSTSynthFont Updated
SynthFont and VSTSynthFont have been updated: SynthFont to v1.530 and VSTSynthFont to v1.060.
New features in SynthFont v1.530:
- In Pianoroll you can now copy notes to Windows Clipboard, in text format. The data can be pasted into e.g. Notepad, edited, copied to the Clipboard and pasted back to SynthFont at a later time. (See image to the right).
- The virtual keyboard: in most cases where the virtual keyboard is displayed (e.g. in the Sound File Manager) you can use keys A,W,S,E,D,F,T,G,Y,H,U,J,K,O,L,P on the PC's keyboard to play notes, and keys 1-9 to switch octave. Use right mouse button for a popup menu.
- New implementation of Legato. While Legato is switched ON, a note will be coupled to the next note of the same value if closer than the length of a 1/32 note. Unlike Pedal Hold, Legato will have no effect on the length of one single note or notes separated by more than 1/32. Between Legato coupled notes, no interruption will be heard, even if "Cut Notes Short" for handling of overlapping notes in Setup is turned on.
- Some more items in the context sensitive menu (right click) for the Pianoroll.
- Limited support for SFZ-files ("SoundFez" files). NOTE: OggVorbis samples are not supported but must at first be converted to WAV samples. The SFZ-file itself does not need to be changed.
- Support for MIDI Format 2 files. These files have several independent sequences in as many tracks. SynthFont expands each sequence into as many tracks as there are MIDI channels and loads the sequences in sequential order with appropriate location markers. (See image below).
Bug fixes in SynthFont v1.530:
- Since version 1.500, the loudness level has been twice as high as before. Fixed.
- Since version 1.520, SynthFont 1.520 could not exit if closed while playing.
- SynthFont might cause an exception when closing after playing on the virtual keyboard.
- In Plug&Play, the VST effect "Bypass All" button worked the wrong way around.
- The Sound File Manager would not scan sub-folders initially when adding a new folder to the list.
- Fixed the routine for reading GIGA files.
Changes in VSTSynthFont v1.060:
- In version 1.050 the Modulation Wheel (Continuous Controller #1) did not work.
- There is a new, slimmed down, alternative user interface for those that like to Keep It Simple, Stupid.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Akai MPK mini Akai Professional announces the availability of the MPK mini portable keyboard controller.
- Intermorphic Mixtikl v126.96.36.199 Intermorphic has updated Mixtikl to version 188.8.131.52 for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS.
- Zynewave Podium v2.40 Zynewave has updated Podium to version 2.40 and Podium Free to version 2.37, offering minor UI improvements and bug fixes related to bounce rendering.