Linux MultiMedia Studio
Version 0.4.4 of LMMS, or Linux MultiMedia Studio, has been released for Linux and Windows.
LMMS is described as a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples.
- Song-Editor for composing songs.
- A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines.
- An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies.
- An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities.
- Many powerful instrument and effect-plugins out of the box.
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources.
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches and full MIDI support.
- Import of MIDI and FLP (Fruityloops Project) files.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sensomusic Usine 4 Update Sensomusic has updated Usine to v4.20b.
- Rob Papen SubBoomBass Rob Papen and his worldwide distributor Time+Space have announced the availability of SubBoomBass, a new dedicated bass synth with presets designed by Rob Papen (and other guest artists).
- The Lower Rhythm Equivibe [Freeware] The Lower Rhythm has announced the release of Equivibe, a new free VST effect plug-in for Windows.