More on MOTU Volta
Volta is a virtual instrument plug-in designed to turn your audio interface into a voltage control interface.
Any hardware device with a control voltage (CV) input can be placed under precise digital control from your audio workstation software, according to MOTU, explaining that you can play and automate modulars, analog synths - even effects processors.
Here are a few examples of what you should be able to do with Volta:
- Perform MIDI sequencing with external modular synths with sample-accurate precision (if your host sequencer supports sample-accurate MIDI).
- Automatically calibrate and tune oscillators with the click of a button.
- Use ramp automation in your host audio software to control filters, envelope generators, effects processors and other voltage-controlled external gear.
- Apply LFOs, step sequencers and pattern sequencers to CV inputs and tempo-sync them to your host software timeline.
No pricing or availability info yet.
Check out MOTU's website for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- PropellerHead ReCycle Update Propellerhead has updated the ReCycle package with a new look and streamlined packaging, and included a detailed, hour-long video tutorial from ASK Video designed to help users get started with the ReCycle toolkit.
- Ultimate Sound Bank Jazzistic This collection features sounds, loops, kits, and instruments entirely dedicated to Jazz: drums, double bass, jazz guitar and some typical electric keyboards.
- Motion Samples Space Disco Motion Samples has released a new Disco sample library.