Zephod has released an Alpha version of [BLOK], a modular synthesis environment for Windows for which Stand-alone, Buzz plug-in and VST instrument plug-in versions are available.
[BLOK] was designed as a platform for teaching audio synthesis to students, so even beginners can get started building their own synthesizers and effects right away.
- Classic synthesizer modules such as Oscillators, Filters, Envelopes and Effects.
- Blok was originally created as an educational program to teach audio design principles. This means that each module is simple to understand.
- There are no limits on connecting blocks together – if a block generates a signal, connect it up.
- DSP engine. Additive, Subtractive and FM synthesis are all possible. Let Blok be your synthesis swiss army-knife.
- Full undo/redo. Don’t like what you have done? Go back to a time when you did.
- Blok was made to run well even on low-end computers. This will let you make more complicated setups and get more bang for your synthesis buck.
Pricing & Availability
The Alpha pre-release is available for free but the VST version is expected to be priced at €35 upon full release.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.