Reverb, delay, chorus, RSS, speaker amp & mic simulations, mastering tool kits, compressor, limiter, flanger, phaser, distortion, panner, robot fx...and some more...EQ...
- What technology is used? (analog, digital, tube...)
- Can they be edited? through a Mac/PC editor utility program?
Not sure. I think you can via Logic VS and possibly some other third party software but i've never tried that.
- What connection types are there? (Audio/MIDI)
This is an expansion board for the Roland VS recorder series. I used this on the VS-1680 and VS-2480.
- Is it rackable?
- Is the sound or effects editing easy?
Yes, extremely easy.
- Is the manual clear and sufficient?...
- Are the effects good, usable and sufficiently realistic?
Yes, for most of them.
- With what instruments do you use them?
All instruments & vocals.
- Which are your favorites and/or the ones you hate?
I quite like some of the reverbs, which most people might not agree with cos they might not sound very natural but i like them anyway. The mastering tool kit can also be very efficient, even on individual instruments sometimes, such as bass or cello or even clarinet!
The amp simulations car work well on drums.
- For how long have you been using it?
- What thing do you like most/least about it?
A wiiide array of effects & lots of parameters!
- What is your opinion about the value for the price?
Roland options are all overpriced. You have little choice, however, and that explains their rip-off price policy on options of course...
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?...