< All Fame Forum IV reviews
Fame Forum IV
lauke_lux lauke_lux

«  quality, and price is everything »

Published on 07/27/14 at 05:09
See the manufacturer's website via musikproduktiv.de
Guitar handmade in Gdansk, Poland, PRS comparable both in its quality (or better)
Fixed bridge with a piezo
Handle stuck in the body, flat beam profile C 12 "mahogany, a real pleasure, 24 jumbo frets good quality rosewood apron
2 humbuckers pickups Schaller Golden 50's; equivalent PAF / HB with split on exterior or interior SC. Then switch positions for 3 classic pickups.
A push-pull volume and / or piezo knob powered by 9V battery board
A knob for adjusting tone

The handle is butter, a real joy, access to correct very acute, comparable PRS. I play .011 - .052 and even with very low action the strings do not curl, ie a work of remarkable violin. These are all handmade gitarres.
Therefore offers improved ergonomics rather ... after that remains a gitarre in mahogany so a bit heavy.
The sound is good, even in his mid SC position is quite good with Schaller (PU very underrated on the market but absolutely very good) golden 50's. Maybe a little less dark than Les Paul Custom, but absolutely comparable vav a PRS.
Humbucker side is the total tear in the bridge position and darker sounds up the 3-position switch to the handle.
No noise, nickel wire.

With this gitarre all play styles easily.
I use it on an Axe Fx II using mainly the following amplifiers:
- Twin
- Deluxe reverb
- Recto
- HBE100 Friedman
- AC30

Use for 2 years now. Before, since 30 years anyway, I played on Strato Strato Deluxe DF HB, a copy Epiphone ES345, ES175, Danelectro, G & L Asat custom, Peerless New Yorker. I had bought this grate on Ebay by a shot passing GAS there is a little over 2 years, saying it would be a good stepping stone before progressing to a Gibson Les Paul or PRS. However, I left my other 3 gitarres side and since Gibson or PRS I do not even think about it anymore because I do not think it get better from the price of the brand.
I like most the playability of the neck is thin, the sustain it provides.
Robustness unprecedented one day she slips off the cover and had a fall on asphalt 1mH, except for a beautiful star on the painting (sniff), she did not move a hair. Then one day my boy had misplaced in the trunk with drop at the opening of the door ... AR relapse 1.50m in the cover gitarre happily and still did not move a muscle; I did not even have to redo the tuning!
Value for money without equal, if gitarre should disappear I repeat a new tomorrow. I give 9/10 because I did not possess the equivalent PRS to fully justify these notes, I have just touched on a few occasions and heard much; gold for me there is no difference apart from the peculiarities of a manufacturer to another but for me does not justify a change. Personally, note this is a gitarre 14/10, it still exceeded my expectations every day.