Italia Guitars Mondial Sportster
Italia Guitars Mondial Sportster
Skydog Skydog

«  THE sound! »

Publié le 08/25/10 à 06:33
Made in Korea and designed by Trevor Wilkinson in England.
Grover,
korina body (or alder)
maple neck,
Rosewood,
Graphite nut,
2 microphones with 1 Wilkinson WHHB volume controls 2 and 1 each + dial tone-middle-bass rhythm,
1 micro piezo not with 2 tone settings as shown on the site guitar-import, but 1 volume and 1 tone. The piezo is powered by a 9V battery,
2 separate outputs,
color: black or red

Note, I got mine with an error mounting knobs on the two knobs that control the piezo indicated "tone", or there are not two tones but a tone and volume. Similarly, there were two volumes and a tone for the humbuckers, gold there is a volume and two tones. What may be misled guitar-import the site, only European importer of the brand.
Well, we will not make a fuss, there has to reverse all this by pulling.

The handle: comfortable, excellent finish, really, even if it is not painted on the button (so I assume it will wear out but hey, we have time!)

Guitar extremely well balanced.

Easy access to acute but more specific.

The sound: the metal bridge gives a special sound and it's a little unsettling at first. After that we can play, and it's great.

In full, the sound is really very good, warm, efficient seems to me there mediums emerge and especially ultra deep bass and accurate. The treble remains fairly solid. What it lacks, sustain a little more now, but I quibble here.

In his clear, it was a warm pleasant jazzy.

For the piezo, it is quite realistic and is not far from shocking. I find it excellent.

I want a full sound (bass, midrange and treble piping full) I get no problem. I sincerely feel like settings Clapton with Cream Live. That is to say!

FYI: I associate it with an Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808, a Marshall Guv'nor, a Big Muff (occasionally) Epiphone Blues Custom amp.

So a guitar that I should think the fans of blues, blues rock as Led Zeppelin, Allman Brothers or cream, which I belong.

I use it for a year and reweighed and concerts and I'm not over, far from it! I had an Epiphone Les Paul Standard ago, and the difference lies in the aggressiveness of the Italia, a sort of mix between a Les Paul and an SG.

Value for money: original in sound, style options, very clean finish. On top of that, this guitar has a real charisma! I have a Fender Clapton long time, nobody has ever talked to me after concerts. This one, everyone comes to see! It's very strange!

Images linked to this review

• photo