Lâg Jet New Vintage JV500
Lâg Jet New Vintage JV500

Other Shape Guitar from Lâg belonging to the Jet 500 series.

Jeffouille Jeffouille
Published on 10/05/13 at 03:04
This is the Chinese, but the finish is really perfect, nothing to say. The swamp ash body is "book-matched" as they say that is done in three parts but with veins that follow. I find it very beautiful in her dress "Honey Shadow". It is light, its handle without being a killer, is really nice, with 24 medium frets and a touch too aesthetically beautiful, bird's eye maple that "jet" :)
3 DiMarzio Virtual Vintage, a tona volume and selector 5 postions, so nothing complicated.
As for the bridge Wilkinson: ally mechanical self-locking is a model of stability in holding the tuning.

As I said the handle is really nice. It is not too typical strat. The profile is rather D and the radius of the relatively low key.
I'm not a fan of small frets but I used to so I love this guitar. Nothing to say in all cases on their poses and no concern for accuracy throughout the round.
Access to acute is downright facilitated by the good ergonomics of the body-neck junction.

At the sound, no disappointment, I was expecting to have a close to a strat but with his own personality is that I had! The Dimarzio are really excellent. In the clear: they have less slamming a strat but I think I prefer a little softer side. On intermediate positions, there are of course THE sound strat (this little "twang" we love so much!) And all other positions provides further even if I think the neck pickup lacks a bit of roundness compared central microphone.
In distortion, even higher, they squarely hold the road, with a good edge in the bridge position, with single coils clean, and with virtually no extraneous noise! The couple bridge + middle is not bad with a large saturation, its darkened a bit, it sounds a little heavier, it's nice.
In short, a real surprise to me these pickups. Their output level is correct for simple, without being flame lances, but they are accurate and not drool over.
Anyway I bought it mostly for clean sounds (I have my Les Paul for the rest) and I'm not disappointed.

I dreamed of this guitar when it was released in 2005 I think. It was a moment that I also wanted to complete my palette with a strat guy. I was waiting to buy a Mexican Strat me at least. I had a TV Highway as I liked but was limited in versatility. I came across a promo on the site Distrizic (€ 323 instead of € 539!) I did not think ... this is the first time since I bought a guitar via the Internet without having tried it before.
I do not regret for the price, there's nothing to say that's the killer!
Maybe I'll buy a second at that price :)