This guitar is a rare, especially here in Europe. Since I saw it on the net, I dreamed, I really wanted and I finally got it! And at a price unbeatable prices because it was a stocking (400 €) still resulted in 50%! : D The original price is according to the site of Luna Guitars $ 587.50. I've also seen in the 600 € on other sites. But anyway, this model are no longer produced by Luna Guitars and apparently they have more in re ... Too bad because this guitar is a real success! (For cons, the lower of the series continue to be produced ... wtf ^^;
Here, I'll try to translate the description of the site, hopefully without too many mistakes because I'm not very savvy in the technical side of guitars ... What I do not know a translation, I leave it like that. I expect a kind soul to help me to translate ^ ^
* Made in China
* Double cutaway sculpted body
* 25 ½ "scale length With
1 5 / 8 "nut width
* Lightweight basswood body
* Maple neck
Rosewood * Frets
* The strings pass through the body
For the rest, level design:
* The profile of the neck: end
* Raven gloss finish (beautiful finish!)
* Matte nickel knobs: one tone, one volume, a selection
* The remainder of the equipment is also matte nickel
* Bridge Tune-O-Matic matte nickel
* Two humbuckers (apparently there are two versions of this Luna: I have the first version with generic humbucker pickups, but judging by the photographs circulating on the net, a second version was released with emg humbucker type)
* Superb design of a phoenix "abalone" (the design is really superb)
* Crescent moon logo on the head
* Markers freight describing the phases of the moon pearl inlaid
Personally, I love design and I find it well done, the quality is there.
Ergonomics: One of the reasons why I cracked this guitar. It is super fun to play, the handle end is perfect and the highs are very easy to reach. In addition, not to spoil, it is really light and well balanced and do not screw up the back up after playing a long time. I would say try it, pass it, p
His level, I almost always get the sound I wanted and this quite easily. Tone of the volume pot is really responsive.
Yes, it is very suitable to my style: visual kei / hard rock / rock. I therefore used mainly in overdrive on my amp Blackstar HT5 combo and it rocks well. ^ ^ With my Boss MZ-2, I get a sound close to hard rock to AC / DC, Rainbow, Impelliteri ...
In clean, it is a little less comfortable, a bit messy, but with some adjustments, it still is doing pretty good.
I use standard string skull strings 10-46, and this guitar, it makes a big difference. The sound is richer, rounder and more present.
It is now a little over a year since I've played over and I almost every day. In total, it has been 2 ½ years that I play.
Before I had a Stagg, large ergonomic handle and no burden for a small woman like me, plus she had an air of clumsy and ugly sound. The Luna has changed me life: fine, light, good sound with great styling and more! You understood it, clearly I would do the same choice if I had to redo! ^ ^