Music Man Axis
R0Z R0Z

« Incredibly well built guitar »

Published on 04/30/20 at 15:40
Audience: Advanced Users
I bought this honey burst quilt top on CL for $1650.00 CAD (approx $1240.00 USD). It was used, but basically unplayed. Incredible value imo. My favourite guitar of my three Ibanez as well as Custom Shop Gibsons, Fender Strat Plus as well as nearly a dozen others.

I find the Axis is incredibly comfortable to play because of the neck. I usually like a flatter radius (17") and more shallow C neck profile, but for some reason this works.

Additionally I use quite a bit of gain and I can control it a lot easier on my Axis than my other guitars. Not sure why. Has great, and I mean great, sustain and tone. Very even response as well. Great high end, tight bottom end but a little light.

Decked trem and locking system keeps the tuning stable. Features only gets a 4/5, because I wouldn't mind a tone control, but not a big deal. Honestly the craftsmanship of this guitar is way above most, they are more like a custom shop guitar imo.

I have been using this as my main guitar for about 6 months and I think it will stay that way now. The more I play it the more I love it.

I use a DAW with ProTools and Amplitube.

Images linked to this review

• photo