I have it for almost 8 months, departing I have been disappointed by the fairly neutral micro side of origin, so I delaissais for my esp m2 deluxe ......
yarn needle I tried differente combined and I have discovered with my sending it voodu valve Scare wood ...
In distortion it is neutral (neither too much nor too little bass, treble medium) c is strange the first hour, then over time we pofine sound and in fact they 'avere which is extremely clear and precise and opens the possibility j I ordered a crunch lab and LiquiFire to replace, but I suddenly hesitated .....
j have a very dry, very clean and very rock not to say very big rock, it s approach petrucci her little by little ......
I have been delighted by its small size on the handle, against veteran confirmed by the floyd comfort, I'm not used to not having one and this time is in the millimeter feel, it's still the chipoti, chipota .. ...
In which country was it made? (USA, Japan, Mexico, France ...)
- Made in Indonesia, and last check in the USA
What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)
- Vibrato licensed MusicMan and mechanical locking Sperzel type
What kind of stick?
- Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, profile D (so lightweight flat back)
How many frets, what kind of microphone and their configuration?
- Channel 24 frets, Dimarzio pickups humbucker type
What are the settings (volume, tone, micro switch ...)?
- A three-position switch good place (bridge, middle, neck) a general volume + tone.
The handle is it nice?
- So for me who has small hands and is used to playing on a parker fly deluxe, and a PRS, I find it too thick, I get tired a lot faster over, having said that it is comfortable thanks to its satin finish and can appropriate for other people, freight can be a troublesome at the edge, but good quality.
Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
- Very good ergonomics, as well the wife's belly body weight is well distributed, the guitar is not unbalanced cool!
- It's great playing in the standing is by wearing high enough as the master!!
- Smashes to the right arm and great but the blow forced to play with the right handle.
- on the other hand I can find a heavy ....
Access to acute (recent freight) is it easy?
- Nickel, too easy
Gets it easy to sound good?
- In clean with severe microphones it is soft and fluffy, the clean microphones that acute shortage of fishing.
- Now the saturation acute microphones is quite incisive in both solo riff when
(It looks like petrucci), and serious microphones sings quite well.
- By means no use to me.
- But to get a good sound ... not this is the thing about this guitar, replacement pickups LiquidFire / CrunchLab, I think would be perfect ...
Are they suitable for your style of music?
- For my part, yes, I would rather play the prog hardrock, lyrics. it is versatile enough
What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold", ....)?
- Frankly downloaded sound Petrucci (clean or saturated) for your
multi-effets/modélisation and you get closer easily.
With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?
- Line 6 Pod HD 5OO
- 50 watt tube amps
What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
- I love the clean microphones serious and saturation
- Less acute in clean and saturation but not bad anyway!
How long have you use it?
- From me but not stop!!
Have you tried many other models before buying it?
- The Petrucci model! no not at the same time it is difficult to find in paris-may no longer exists, it is a limited edition, but I have never seen on Paris JP50 standard either.
What is the particular feature you like best and least?
- The black hardware (rare)
- The pounding on the body to the right arm
- The position of the selector is moving fast but may bother for others!
- Finishes the freight
- The shape and thickness of the handle (personal opinion)
- The color may displease!!
How would you rate the quality / price?
- Very good on the other hand you'll need a set of Micors more successful in the future.
- New models have DiMarzio pickups now, prices may increase a ... But this is normal.
With experience, you do again this choice?
- For this model, yes, according to the budget you can have ... That said if there was a bit more dealer sterling France, other than Gibson and Fender, I think I'll opt for a JP100 with a different finish than the JP50.
PS: This is the day and night with a PLO openly kept a can of money instead of putting in a € 200 PLO, and opt for sterling worth up to 300 € on average over that a plo, because you would be disappointed with this peel (or buche for others) and it would be a waste of money
The final word: a good guitar to discover the type musicman John Petrucci, before embarking on a budget of € 2,000 American model