Sterling by Music Man Silo3
Sterling by Music Man Silo3
Maurice Gentil Maurice Gentil

«  Very good product »

Published on 12/30/13 at 11:37
Made in Indonésia, good for the price, we must find a labor very cheaply. Still, the guitar comes without case or cover, and the neck is satin varnish, which remove polishing. So while the price goes into the violin. The body is "hardwood" in three parts, but the gloss varnish on wood is really beautiful.
Sterling vibrato bridge should not be confused with an easel MusicMan.
Maple neck satin varnish, metal strips fitted at the factory hard.
Two single coil pickups handle side and a bridge humbucker side. The pickups are called "vintage". I have not seen the quality of electronics.
Two knobs, one for volume, one tone, a 5 way switch. Many sounds perspectives.
Sterling produces a competitive entry level model, but aesthetics MusicMan and expertise of the same brand. Moreover, Sterling was awarded a prize for this model.

The handle has, like all MusicMan setting up the handle, a metal rod comes with the guitar to adjust. It is asymmetric to have easy access hyper acute side, and easy DNAS bass. The D profile is rather nice. Hooping is approximate, but no key frieze. It must be surfaced after shrinking. 12 "radius.
Unpacking, the guitar was almost settled. A brief re-tuning and presto!
The shape of the design is very well thought out, and the same design of the MusicMan JP6 and Silhouette, instead of the silhouette. 22 frets, with access to well thought treble.
This guitar is my fourth guitar, I intend to carry around, which fears nothing, even if in fact the body and painted finishes are that we did not want to spoil this beautiful guitar.

The three pickups and selector offer an extremely diverse range, too much for my game and I had to lower the middle pickup for not hitting consistently with the pick. I would say that there are too many microphones. The neck pickup offers serious hot, even if a micro provide better quality sound with more identity. Each switch position has a very different sound. The humbucker also offers interesting prospects with crystal clear sound but does not reach that of a Telecaster. A super stat. in short. On a Telecaster, I can not stand the treble, then I find myself playing it.
I play a Fender Blues Junior III and I can compare it with a MusicMan JP6.

I have to buy it then it may be that I became disillusioned by a few months, a micro jumps from its housing or the vibrato explodes. But for the moment I play with tight vibrato, the thing that kills it is the frets filed down curiously, leaving an unpleasant effect on the ropes. This is not smooth.
This is an entry level that can compete with a JP6 HBMM model, but after some necessary settings, like all guitars, actions, Nut, easel, guitar sounds great and suggests hours musicality.
The value for money is excellent.