All user reviews for the Washburn BT4

Other Shape Guitar from Washburn belonging to the BT series.

( 4/5 based on 2 reviews )
  • MGR/Alex LearyMGR/Alex Leary

Washburn BT4Published on 02/22/03 at 15:00
    I acquired this piece of equipment from Music123.com for about $150 as my first electric guitar.

The dark blue finish really makes this guitar stand out. It has Grover tuners that work very well, but at times are a bit too sensitive (especially when tuning the low E string). When equipped with 9's, the rosewood fretboard really is easy to move around with. The pickups sound great, and with 2 singles and a humbucker, this guitar has a great tonal versatility.

It scared me to read a review about another Washburn product a few minutes ago that sounded all too familiar to one of my own experiences. I bought this guitar in July, and it sounded fine. By December, however, many problems arose. I had a terrible buzzing on all strings for the first 2 frets. To solve the problem, I took it to a local repair shop and found out there was much more wrong with this guitar than I had first thought. The frets were too high, the strings were set too low, the saddles were set wrong, and there was NO bow in the neck. A week and a half later, and $170 poorer from repairs, I got my guitar back.

The construction was just fine. The body was well made, and everything seemed to be put together well. The frets turned out to be too high, strings too low and no bow in the neck though. I didn't realize that until 4 months after I bought it though.

This guitar would get a better rating than 3 if I didn't have to spend more money on repairs than I did on the actual guitar in the first place. It's a great guitar and sounds great. Unfortunately, it cost me a total of $320 to buy and get it to sound the way it was supposed to. I don't think I'd recommend anyone buy this guitar because of the problems that I came across. If they didn't exist, however, I would recommend this guitar to any entry-level guitarist

• MGR/GtrGregMGR/GtrGreg

Washburn BT4Published on 01/19/03 at 15:00
    I bought my Washburn BT4 on the internet at musiciansfriend.com and paid $140. The only reason I got it was because thats the amount of money I had, and my old electric was a piece of crap.

When I plugged this guitar in for the first time I was amazed at the sounds I was getting for that kind of price. Here are a few things I really liked about the BT4:
    -tremelo bridge
    -one tone and one volume knob
    -side input jack
    -solid body
    -great metallic red color
    If that isn't an AWESOME guitar for $140, then I don't know what is.

None, I was simply amazed at what I was getting for $140. I don't kno…

-tremelo bridge
    -one tone and one volume knob
    -side input jack
    -solid body
    -great metallic red color
    If that isn't an AWESOME guitar for $140, then I don't know what is.

None, I was simply amazed at what I was getting for $140. I don't know what other people think about this guitar, but I thought it to be just as good as $400 fenders that I have played. It is a very low priced guitar, but from what I learned, you shouldn't judge a guitar by the cost; just trust me.

The quality of the guitar is friggin' awesome and I described the construction above.

I summarized my thoughts in the "likes" section of this review. I honestly think that if your looking for a really good guitar and you only have $150, buy a Washburn BT4, I LOVE it!