Behringer V-Tone GMX212
Behringer V-Tone GMX212
MGR/Kevin T MGR/Kevin T

« Behringer GMX212 »

Published on 02/20/04 at 15:00
I bought this one online at Same Day Music.com, they have a lower shipping charges. I had a Fender Deluxe 112 plus that put out 90 watts of power but didn’t have the crunch I was looking for.
Well I was looking at the new Spider amps from Line 6 but since they are harder than hens teeth to find and I needed an amp I took a chance with Behringer. I have a good friend that owns a Behringer bass amp and that amp was very sound for the money.
I paid 250 dollars and shipping wasn’t very much more, 9 bucks I think.

This amp has THREE killer settings! Tweed, for the Fender fans and it sounds good too. British for the Marshall/Vox type sounds and Californian for their Mesa type sounds. All of these settings can be used either with Clean, Hi Gain, or HOT! Take into consideration that this amp also has three Cabinet settings too, Flat, UK and US which helps to change the tone just that much more!

It has Two channels that can be set to your needs and comes with a two switch foot controller that can which between channel and turn on or off the cool 24 bit effects. This amp has a neat little tuner on board too, it’s nice a simpe the way a tune should be and you can change the A tone from 440 hz up or down 15 hz.

Now the effects range from reverb, chorus, flang, phase, rotary, echo, delay and a bunch more. It’s Midi effects so it will work with a Midi board too.
This baby can push 50 watts through two 12 inch Jenson speakers that can take up to 70 watts of power. Now on the back panel of this amp is enough to blow you away for a 250-dollar amp! Inputs for cabinets, to drive other amps midi control, headphones you name it it’s got it!

And the best part is the sounds, bottom line it can make the tone you are looking for.

The particleboard used to build the amp is a down side. I would love to see this baby with a way for more control with the standard foot controller. But for the money….. can’t go wrong.

It's built solid however the plastic knobs I'll be gentle with and I already stated the particleboard type of encasement. Got to say I like what I see or rather hear so far. ; )

I’m very pleased with this amp, it has the sounds that I was looking for and the price is prefect! I have a friend who owns the Fender Cyber Twin and yes the Cyber Twin is a better amp however dollar for dollar I’m not downing the Behringer at all. For this GMX does put out some great sounds just like the Cyber Twin!

Bottom line, the value is unbeatable and I’ll give this amp a big thumbs up.