Fender Mustang III
Fender Mustang III

Modelling Combo Guitar Amp from Fender belonging to the Mustang Amp series.

yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« great amp , must try »

Published on 10/04/11 at 20:46
I am one guy that must of brought 15 different amp for my home use none please me peavey vypred vox valvetronix and crappy Marshall MG none did the job for home. three years looking read about this amp and said let me give it a try. Got the mustang ll and it was amazing so I decided to upgrade too the lll series blown me away because of the versatility. You can tweak any amp model the way you like set it and just select any amp model from bassman to deluxe twin with the same tweak that you set. So much you can do with this amp.

Manual is very clear and concise.

The sound is fantastic. Had tube amps for home use I hate them to loud and you lower them because they are tube can't get the full tone you want especially if you want a smooth sound. Lower watts tube amps tend to break up sooner or rather say crunch cause you have little headroom.

Overall, This amp does it all since it's analog pretty close to tube sound. Try one for house you will be the happiest person .The only downside I can think of is the volume difference between overdriven amp presets and clean presets. The clean presets are quieter, even after making adjustments in the various presets. I have a volume pedal in the FX loop and that takes care of the issue. But, What a great value. If you're in a cover band, or just want a powerful and flexible amp this is absolutely worth a look. Try it. You'll like it. And you'll almost certainly buy it. I have many other amps, but this, and my Vox Night Train, are my absolute favorites. All in all, I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. If you're on the fence about whether or not to get a Mustang, I would say go for it....you won't regret it!