Line 6 Spider II 112
Line 6 Spider II 112
MGR/Adam Mega Fan of Megadeth MGR/Adam Mega Fan of Megadeth

« Line 6 Spider II 112 »

Published on 08/04/04 at 15:00
I purchased this amp at the Guitar Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. I was on a budget and wanted something I could gig with and not go broke.

Where to start? I like everything about this amp. The 12 inch Celestion speaker is loud as all hell and never gets distorted, no matter how high you crank the volume.

All of the amp models are great, you can dial right in to any sound that you want. You can play a praise and worship song at your church, play 50s and 60s rock to impress your Dad, get a nice bluesy-rock sound like Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page, even shred like Megadeth and Old Metallica on this baby.

I like the 7 effects built into the amp, eliminates the need for anything to be on the floor. You can get it all from this amp.

But my favorite thing about the amp are the four user programmable channels. You can create your own preset and store it on the channel. The Spider II even remembers the EQ setting!

I love being able to play a perfectly clean song for my girlfriend then jump right into thrash heaven to rock out with my band, then go into a killer lead sound for solos, then top it off with a little blues sound when I'm in the mood. All of that at the push of a button.

Did I mention the ease of this baby? Everything is right there infront of you, just spin the knobs and get what you want.

Also,the built in tuner is nice. It's not a chromatic tuner, but who really needs to downtune anyway?

I'm not too big on the insane setting, it just produces feedback and alot of noise for those nu-metal kids into the Slipknot/Mudvayne/Mushroomhead thing.

Also I wish the Chorus and Flanger were two seperate effects instead of one meshed together.

I've only had the amp for about two weeks, I've lugged around to a friend's house for band practice and I've gigged with it once.

So far it survives being transported without a scratch and it's loud enough to be heard in small bars and clubs.

For the money, you don't get anything better. The amp is loud, durable, and lets you create just the sound you want. You WILL NOT find a better amplifier for $300.00!