Line 6 Spider Jam
Line 6 Spider Jam
iamqman iamqman

« Cool amp »

Publié le 04/21/11 à 11:49
What a great little practice amp. This thing has more than you would ever need to get your guitar playing in gear. There are more presets than I think you could ever explore. Probably too much stuff is packed into this little compact amp modeler. One of the greatest things in this amp is the 28 minute looper for recording at home for play back and experimentation. This is great tool to jam along and listen to you playing skills and tweak things on the the fly.

Line 6 Spider JAM Features:

Number of Models 200 Presets, 36 User, 12 Amp Models
Number of Tubes 0
Preamp Tubes No Tubes
Power Tubes No Tubes
Inputs 1 x Instrument, 1 x Mic (XLR), 1 x MP3 (1/8"), 1 x Aux (1/4")
Outputs 1 x Headphone (1/4"), 2 x RCA
Footswitch I/O Yes
No Effects Loop
Height 17.5"
Width 21"
Depth 10"

The sound from this amp in not going to be the best. I have never been a fan of the Line 6 amp modeling. I think it sounds sterile and unnatural. However, I look at this amp as a practice engine and not something that I would play out on gigs of anything like that.

There are so many sounds o explore that a simple review would not suffice. Try it out with multiple guitars and settings to get your desired tone. I like humbucking style guitars with this unit ans I find the clean tones very sub par. Their cleans don't do it for me at all.

If you are in the market for a decent amp modeler than this might be the amp for you. At new these units come in at around $400, which is a bit on the high side for these particular amps. I like the Peavey stuff and the Roland stuff as far as actual tone goes. This is basically an amp that is a computer so you have a lot of recording and mic out operation. If you need to go direct into the house PA system then you can do that. The looper is the coolest thing on the amp.

I would recommend you trying this thing out before you buy it. If you want the recording feature than this is the amp for you. If you desire tone and still want amp modeling then I would try the Roland Cube or Peavey Viper.