Roland Cube-30
Roland Cube-30

Modelling Combo Guitar Amp from Roland belonging to the Cube series.

MGR/Steve MGR/Steve

« Roland Cube-30 »

Published on 08/02/04 at 15:00
I bought this amp in store, from a shop called 'Music Matters' (www.musicmatters.shop) in Lisburn, N.I.

I paid £199 GBP.

I really love my cube. It has great power for a 30 watt amp. When you turn it up loud, it doesnt buzz. It's also very easy to use, you can get the hang on if in a few mi utes, simply by playing around with the controls. I really like the built in effects, ranging from 'acoustic' which sounds just like the real thing, to 'metal' with heavy distortion and loads of grunge. These effects are good quality, and them being built in means you don't ahve to fork out another $100-200 on an effects pedal. I also like the various controls being on top, allowing maximum speaker size, without bringing up the overall size of the amp up, meaning its a more transportable size. I could keep going on the plus points for quite a while, belive me, theres plenty!!

I really can't find much to fault on this unit at all. It sounds great. The clean channel is very clean, the distort is as distorted as you like, and it has nearly everything you would want in between. My only fault is that it is quite heavy for carting around with you, but really, for what you get included, its not really an issue, and to shed some weight, it would have to lose some of the effects, so really its only a small sacrifice to have it heavier.

The cube is as sturdy an amp as I have seen in a while. Its tough, solid and well built. I haven't damaged mine in any way yet (nor would I try!) but I would say this amp could withstand quite a bit of rough-and-tumble.

Overall- its a great amp. There are few things i can find to fault, and even these aren't too big a deal. It sounds great, and its built in fx means that it saves you money, as you dont need an fx pedal. If anything happened this amp, I would buy a new one. I would recommend this for home practise, band practise sessions and even small gigs, as it can go damn loud without loosing quality-just ask my band mates!!