[AES] Avid unveils the S3 control surface
Avid introduces at AES 2014 the smaller version of the S6, the Pro Tools | S3 control surface with built-in audio interface.
The Pro Tools | S3 is a compact EUCON-compatible 16-strip surface control designed to control Pro Tools, but also Avid Media Composer, Steinberg Cubase, Nuendo and Apple Logic Pro X DAW. You can also complete is with the Artist Transport unit.
- 16 channel strips with touch-sensitive motorized faders and 10-segment level meters
- 32 touch-sensitive push rotary encoders (16 for the channel control and 16 assignable) for pan, gain, plug-in settings controls and more, with LED status indicators
- 32 OLED displays to visualize the track names/numbers, meter data (mono to 5.1 surround), parameter values/names, current automation mode…
- Solo, Mute, Channel Select and Record/Automation dials on each channel
- Touch strip for the transport control
- Various buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment and software control
- Built-in AVB Core 4.6 audio interface with two XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs, 4 line outputs (2 XLR and 2 TRS) and stereo headphone output with dedicated volume control
- 2 AVB Ethernet ports
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- TRS footswitch input
- Dimensions: 71 x 36.3cm
- Weight: 6.2kg
The Avid Pro Tools | S3 control surface will be available starting November, 2014. Its US price is approximately $5000. More info at www.avid.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] New Tascam US-16X08 audio interface Tascam is attending AES 2014 where they are introducing various new products, including the US-16X08 USB audio interface.
- 2 new MeldaProduction plug-ins MeldaProduction released updated v8.06 for all its plug-ins along with two new creations, including a free utility.
- Pianoteq updated to version 5.1 Modartt release the first update for the fifth version of its Pianoteq software, with a reworked version of its KiViR collection.