[AES] Antelope Pure 2 AD/DA converter
Along with the MP32 and Satori, Antelope Audio introduces at AES 2014 the new Pure 2 2-channel AD/DA converter and master clock.
Pure 2 allows for analog < > digital conversion on two channel with a 24-bit / 192kHz resolution. It also includes a 64-bit master clock with Antelope’s 4th generation of jitter management. A headphone amp is also included with its own D/A converter and you’ll find on the front panel a large relay-based stepped volume knob for direct signal monitoring.
The Pure 2 employs Burr-Brown PCM4222 converters, a Dual-DAC technology with two separate chips for the left and right channels, as well as the same Acoustically Focused Clocking technology found on the Antelope Trinity clock. A USB port allows for connecting the converter to a computer and use the Control Software on Mac and Windows. You can also setup and access user presets from the front panel.
- Two-channel AD/DA converter with Dual-DAC architecture
- Headphone amp with dedicated converter
- Relay-based stepped volume knob (0.05dB accuracy)
- Master clock
- Compatible with the Antelope 10M atomic clock via a dedicated input
- Word clock input
- S/PDIF I/O
- TosLink I/O
- AES I/O
- USB 2.0 type B port
- XLR combo analog input
- 8 Word Clock outputs
- XLR Main analog output (DAC 1)
- TRS Monitor analog output (DAC 2)
- TRS Headphone output (DAC 3)
- 19” 1U rack format
- Universal power supply
The Antelope Pure 2 converter and master clock will be available Q4, 2014 for the US price of $2195. You’ll find more info at antelopeaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] Tascam launches recorders for handheld mics Tascam introduces at AES 2014 three new ultra-compact digital audio recorders that plug directly to handheld microphones.
- [AES] Antelope introduces Satori Antelope is not at AES 2014 to preach Zen Buddhism but to unveil a new monitoring controller and audio summer.
- [AES] Genelec's innovative 8351A 3-way monitor Genelec introduces at AES 2014 until Sunday a new ultra-compact three-way powered studio monitor, with a very original design.